MICROBLADING AND COMBO BROWS
If eyes are the windows to the soul, then eyebrows are the window frame! Self-confidence is the best makeup, let me help you be the most beautiful you!
This process of infusing pigment into the skin with a handheld tool or machine to achieve the appearance of natural hair strokes and/or powder fill is considered a PMU (permanent makeup) tattoo. While PMU does fade over time, Re-touches are recommended every one to two years in order to keep the color vibrant and the shape precise.
Microblading creates beautiful hair strokes which are precisely placed in the brow to give the appearance of a natural to fuller look depending on client preference. Combo brows can include microblading at the head of the brow followed by a powder filled look.
With 16 years of experience, Brooke can help you decide which procedure will work best for you!
This process of infusing pigment into the skin with either a handheld tool or machine to achieve the appearance of eyeliner is considered a PMU tattoo. A desired look for your eyeliner, as well as color, is customized to each person. During your visit, Brooke will help you decide which is the best look for you. A topical anesthetic is used to ensure your treatment is comfortable and her communication will help ease any anxiety you may have. Re-touches are recommended every one to two years in order to keep the color vibrant.
PMU Beauty Marks / Freckles
Who doesn’t want to customize their beauty? Whether you are looking for a beauty mark or a series of freckles, the art of SofTap can help you achieve any desired look. Retouches are recommended every one to two years to keep your color vibrant.
Microblading & Combo Brows:
All full brow procedures: $400
Touch-up $100. This is considered a second session that occurs 30-90 days after the original procedure.
Re-Touch Microblading or Combo Brow – $50 off regular price. Must be my work and be outside of the 90 day window of the original procedure.
Traditional liner upper & lower – $400
Traditional liner upper only – $250
Traditional liner lower only – $250
Foxy eyeliner upper and lower – $450
Foxy eyeliner upper only – $350
Touch-up $100. This is considered a second session that occurs 30-90 days after the original procedure.
Re-Touch Eyeliner – $50 off regular price. Must be my work and be outside of the 90 day window of the original procedure.
Starting at $75
*$100 non-refundable, non-transferable booking fee to be applied on day of service (72 hours required to make any changes to your appointment)
Frequent Asked Questions
I accept cash, check, Venmo, and credit cards with a 3% fee.
- There are many factors that can affect the longevity of your PMU procedure including but not limited to: skin type, lifestyle, age, metabolism, medications, pigment color. All PMU fades over time and everyone is different!
- Certain types of light including sunlight as well as tanning beds can have an affect on how fast pigments are broken down. Always follow the aftercare instructions to get the most out of your PMU and schedule a re-touch every 12-18 months (as needed). Re-touches are very common and even expected for all types of PMU.
- Please remember that everyone heals in their own way and results will vary. The final product cannot be guaranteed due to the nature of skin as it heals. A follow-up appointment is recommended 30-75 days after your initial procedure at which time we can assess your pigment retention and make any changes necessary.
- Things to be aware of if you have oily skin. Having increased oil production sometimes affects the way the pigment is retained by the skin and causes hairstrokes to heal lighter, blur, and even appear powdery.
- Things to be aware of if you are a smoker. Smoking may cause pigments to fade more rapidly with time.
- Your body will absorb pigments quickly if you have anemia and/or an iron deficiency because our pigments are iron based.
- As mentioned above certain types of light, including sunlight, can cause early fading. Using a special sunscreen that is designed for tattoos will defend against premature fading.
- Age and metabolism are two more key factors that will affect the longevity of your PMU. Generally speaking your pigments will fade quicker the faster your metabolism is.
- Excessive bleeding during your procedure will greatly affect the retention of pigments in your skin. This is why it is very important to follow all of the pre care instructions which will be given to you when you schedule your appointment.
While pain tolerance varies from person to person, a topical cream with 5% Lidocaine is applied to make you feel comfortable during your PMU procedure. Women who have PMU during their menstrual cycle may experience increased sensitivity.
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Are presently using Accutane or have used Accutane within the last year.
- Are freshly tanned or your skin is sunburned.
- Are currently taking a blood thinning medication or any kind of antibiotic.
- Are currently undergoing Chemotherapy or any other cancer therapy such as immunogenicity. You must be off Chemo or Radiation for 6 months before receiving any PMU procedure.
- Please bring the powder or pencil you are currently using along with any pictures you may have as a reference guide.
- For any Brow procedure, be sure to tint your brows 72 hours before your appointment if tinting is something you do regularly.
- For all eyeliner procedures, please remove false eyelashes before the day of service.
- Do not use Retin-A near the PMU area for a minimum of 2 weeks prior to your appointment. This also applies to post care, no Retin-A for 2 weeks after the procedure as well!
- You won’t be able to get Botox, fillers, Microdermabrasion treatments, chemical peels or anything similar for a minimum of 2 weeks before your procedure, and also two weeks following.
- DO NOT work out the day of your appointment.
- DO NOT take any medications that may thin your blood such as Aspirin or Ibuprofen for a minimum of 72 hours before and immediately following your procedure.
- DO NOT drink alcohol within 24 hours prior to your procedure.
- DO NOT drink caffeine for 12 hours before your scheduled appointment. Caffeine will affect your healing process because it increases your blood flow.
- Not following these guidelines may cause excessive bleeding during your procedure which will in turn hinder your final results.
- Immediately after your procedure your pigments will appear much darker than they will once healed. There is oxidation in the skin surface that reacts and causes them to look bold and sometimes warmer in color. Any redness and swelling around the PMU area generally goes away in the first 48 hours, so don’t be alarmed!
- While your skin begins to heal, some flaking and/or light scabbing is common. DO NOT PICK ANYTHING! Picking the flaking skin or scabs can result in pigment loss in those areas. If you have a brow procedure, they may not appear uniform in color until the entire brow has finished healing. The epidermis will be thicker and could cause the brow pigment to appear faded or broken up after they have peeled. This is also normal.
- The thickened epidermis will go back to normal over the next month to six weeks and the faded pigment should appear more clearly on the surface of the skin again.
- Somewhere between 4-6 weeks your PMU will be fully healed. If you have any pigment that doesn’t return at this time, we can discuss next steps for a touch up appointment. Additionally, if you decide you’d like a little darker look, we can always add more color, shape, and dimension during a touch up appointment!
- You will need to wash the PMU area every morning and night for a week with a gentle cleanser. Within 4 hours of your procedure you will need to wash the PMU area, wiping very softly only in the direction of hair growth, and not using any circular motion. Use warm or cool water, not hot water, and pat the area dry with a clean paper towel.
- Continue to keep your PMU dry (aside from normal washing) until it is completely healed. It will be considered “healed” when there is no more scabbing or flaking. This usually takes about 10 days.
- Keeping the PMU dry also includes showers. Taking hot showers produces steam and in turn will cause your pores to open. Opening pores causes scabs to soften and could affect your pigment retention. DO NOT let shampoo and/or conditioner come in contact with the PMU area during the healing process. This will cause discoloration of the pigment!
- You need to avoid exercise or other activities that can cause excessive sweating.
- You need to avoid activities such as taking a sauna, hot tub, swimming in a pool, ocean, or any other water activity.
- You should try to avoid sleeping on your face.
- Remember to continue to avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for at least 2 weeks.
- Using anti-aging, or acne products will cause pigments to fade and deteriorate rapidly. This includes but is not limited to Retinol, Glycolic Acid, and Salicylic Acid.
- Apply your provided balm directly to your PMU 2-3 times daily with a Q-Tip until all the balm has been used. The balm should last about 10 days.
- Many PMU procedures require a second session, or touch-up, but not always.
- You may need a follow up appointment that can be scheduled 30-90 days after the initial procedure. At this time we can assess your pigment retention and make any changes necessary during the appointment. If the touch up is completed within 90 days, the cost is $100. After 90 days have passed, regular pricing applies and it is no longer considered a touch up.
- The initial appointment has ample time to discuss your needs and wants, however if you feel you need to discuss this in more detail we can set up a phone call to go over any concerns. Any in person consultation will be $50 and won’t be applied toward any procedure unless it is done on the same day.
- If you would like me to look at previous work from another artist you are wanting corrected, please text me a photo before booking your appointment. We can set up enough time to discuss next steps.
First time procedures typically last between 1.5 to 2 hours. This initial visit includes time for the designing process, applying the numbing agent to the skin, and the PMU procedure itself. Follow-up appointments usually take about 1 hour.
If you would like me to look at previous work from another artist you are wanting corrected, please text me a photo before booking your appointment. We can set up enough time to discuss next steps.
Prepping the skin is an absolute necessity before any successful PMU procedure. It determines how well your skin will accept the pigments.
- NO facial peels for 6 weeks prior.
- NO Retin-A or any form of retinol for 2 weeks prior.
- NO use of any type of skincare products containing Alpha Hydroxy
Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C for 2 weeks prior.
- Do NOT Wax/tweeze 4 days prior.
- If you tint regularly, be sure this is done a minimum of 72 hours
prior to procedure.
- No Facial Injections/ threads for at Least 2 weeks prior.
- 24 Hours Prior To Your Procedure
- Aspirin, Ibuprofen
- Drinking Alcohol
- Drinking caffeinated beverages, (coffee, tea, etc..)
- Exercising or any activity that causes excess sweating
- Taking Fish Oils, Vitamin E, Turmeric or any supplements that are
natural blood thinners.
- COVID VACCINES –PMU should not be performed for 2 weeks before and after you receive the vaccine or any booster.
Avoiding the following for 24 hours prior to your procedure will help to avoid excessive bleeding and poor color retention:
FOR THE FIRST 10 DAYS:
- You will be sent home with a cleanser as well as a balm to apply to the PMU area(s) for the next 10 days.
- Wash the PMU area every morning and night for 10 days with the provided gentle cleanser.
- To wash the PMU area, wipe very softly only in the direction of hair growth, and not using any circular motion. Use warm or cool water, not hot water, and pat the area dry with a clean paper towel.
- Apply the provided healing balm directly to your PMU 2-3 times daily with a Q-Tip until all the balm has been used.
- The balm should last about 10 days.
- This should be applied like chap stick, not lip gloss!
- Continue to keep your PMU dry (aside from normal washing) until it is completely healed.
- It will be considered “healed” when there is no more scabbing or flaking.
- This usually takes about 10 days.
- Keeping the PMU dry also includes showers.
- Taking hot showers produces steam and in turn will cause your pores to open.
- Opening pores causes scabs to soften and could affect your pigment retention.
- DO NOT let shampoo and/or conditioner come in contact with the PMU area during the healing process. This will cause discoloration of the pigment!
- Following your procedure, low intensity exercise is acceptable as long as it doesn’t cause excessive sweating.
- Following your procedure, avoid activities such as taking a sauna, hot tub, swimming in a pool, ocean, or any other water activity.
- Avoid sleeping on your face.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for at least 2 weeks.
- DO NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first 10 days.
- DO NOT use Vaseline, Neosporin or other petroleum based products
- DO NOT PICK ANYTHING! While your skin begins to heal, some flaking and/or light scabbing is common. Picking the flaking skin or scabs can result in pigment loss in those areas.
FOR THE FIRST 30 DAYS:
- DO NOT bleach, tint or dye the brow area.
- DO NOT apply any anti-acne products or lightening creams.
- DO NOT apply any type of skincare products containing Alpha
- Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C
- DO NOT Thread, wax, or use hair removal products on brows while
Following Post Care carefully will help achieve beautiful results.